Velocity Reviews

-   -   File sharing problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t365241-file-sharing-problem.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SmVu?= 08-18-2006 08:39 PM

File sharing problem

I have a two desktop and laptop network.
Computer #1 has a linksys router
computer #2 has a usb wireless adapter (also linksys)
laptop is wireless ready

I can share internet connections with no problem, I can access shared files
on computer #1 from both #2 and laptop, but I cannot access shared files on
computer #2 from either other computer. computer #1 is windows Xp media
center 2005. computer #2 and laptop are windows xp. I can ping everything
from all 3.

when I try to access files on computer #2 from #1 i get a message saying
either "network path not found" or "not enough server storage available to
process this command." I have run the network wizard on all computers, have
checked the protocols, blah, blah, blah. I can't seem to find an answer
anywhere!

Does anyone know what my problem is? Please Help!

Lem 08-18-2006 08:47 PM

Re: File sharing problem

See: http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNotEnoughServerStorage.htm

=?Utf-8?B?SmVu?= 08-18-2006 09:12 PM

Re: File sharing problem

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's great now. I no longer have to beat
my head against the wall!

Lem 08-21-2006 02:28 PM

Re: File sharing problem

Jen wrote:
> Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's great now. I no longer have to beat
> my head against the wall!
>
> "Lem" wrote:
>
>> Jen wrote:
>>> I have a two desktop and laptop network.
>>> Computer #1 has a linksys router
>>> computer #2 has a usb wireless adapter (also linksys)
>>> laptop is wireless ready
>>>
>>> I can share internet connections with no problem, I can access shared files
>>> on computer #1 from both #2 and laptop, but I cannot access shared files on
>>> computer #2 from either other computer. computer #1 is windows Xp media
>>> center 2005. computer #2 and laptop are windows xp. I can ping everything
>>> from all 3.
>>>
>>> when I try to access files on computer #2 from #1 i get a message saying
>>> either "network path not found" or "not enough server storage available to
>>> process this command." I have run the network wizard on all computers, have
>>> checked the protocols, blah, blah, blah. I can't seem to find an answer
>>> anywhere!
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what my problem is? Please Help!

>> See: http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNotEnoughServerStorage.htm

You're welcome. If there's one thing that Microsoft has truly mastered,
it's the obscure, uninformative error message.