Velocity Reviews

-   -   Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t365104-linksys-pap2t-spa3000-spa3012.html)

Yaz 08-18-2006 09:23 AM

Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

I am looking to buy a Linksys/Sipura Telephone adaptor. I dont really know
the differences between these 3. Can anyone guide me in arrriving at the
best adaptor and price. I am looking to be able to use several VOIP
providers and have incoming calls divcerted to my mobile.

Yaz

Brian A 08-18-2006 09:38 AM

Re: Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:23:31 GMT, "Yaz"
<yza82REMOVE@SPAMTRAPukgateway.net> wrote:

>I am looking to buy a Linksys/Sipura Telephone adaptor. I dont really know
>the differences between these 3. Can anyone guide me in arrriving at the
>best adaptor and price. I am looking to be able to use several VOIP
>providers and have incoming calls divcerted to my mobile.
>
>Yaz

PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
outgoing provider for a given channel.

SPA-3000. One voip channel, one PSTN (standard landline connection).
Phone will ring whichever line is calling. Can route via PSTN or voip.
possible to have 5 different outgoing providers but one of them must
be the same as the single incoming provider. A much more configurable
device than the PAP2 but the output is limited to one set of handsets.

SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.

Additionally, there is the Fritzbox.
http://www.avm.de/en/

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Les Desser 08-18-2006 12:21 PM

Re: Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

In article <j42be2t940p328j2h8hpgj8e41ost0kvia@4ax.com>, Brian A
<no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes

>SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
>it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

Just got a couple of these for a project but not actually set it up yet.

From http://www.provu.co.uk the 3000 and 3012 are the same price - about
65 + VAT

The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)

paul123 08-18-2006 12:42 PM

Les Desser wrote:
> In article <j42be2t940p328j2h8hpgj8e41ost0kvia@4ax.com>, Brian A
> <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes
>
> >SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
> >it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

<snip>

> The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
> modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000

A DSL router? - isn't it just a plain router? It can be plugged into a
cable modem/router too can't it? Anyone got one?

Paul 08-18-2006 01:01 PM

paul123 wrote:
> Les Desser wrote:
>> In article <j42be2t940p328j2h8hpgj8e41ost0kvia@4ax.com>, Brian A
>> <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes
>>
>>> SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
>>> it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

> <snip>
>
>> The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
>> modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000

> A DSL router? - isn't it just a plain router? It can be plugged into a
> cable modem/router too can't it? Anyone got one?

yes it's a plain NAT'ed Ethernet router which can be connected to a
cable modem too.

cheers,
Paul.

Tim 08-18-2006 03:51 PM

Les Desser wrote:
> In article <j42be2t940p328j2h8hpgj8e41ost0kvia@4ax.com>, Brian A
> <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes
>
>> SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
>> it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

SPA-3102 has 2 ethernet ports. One Wan, one Lan with a NAT between.
It is like a cross between an SPA-3000 and an SPA-2100

> The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
> modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000

The 3102 definitely doesn't have any DSL function.

Tim

Les Desser 08-18-2006 04:34 PM

Re: Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

In article <44e5e20f$0$633$bed64819@news.gradwell.net>, Tim
<nutnews@kooky.org> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:51:41 writes

>Les Desser wrote:
>
>> The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
>> modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000

>The 3102 definitely doesn't have any DSL function.

Sorry for the slip of the pen :(

Yaz 08-23-2006 07:35 AM

Re: Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

"Brian A" <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> wrote
> PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
> outgoing provider for a given channel.
>
> You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
> 2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.

What is the diifference between the PAP2 and the SPA1001. I dont really
need the PSTN on the same line. But would like ot have 2 voip providers on
the 1 line (ATA)?

Yaz

Brian A 08-23-2006 08:44 AM

Re: Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:35:30 GMT, "Yaz"
<yza82REMOVE@SPAMTRAPukgateway.net> wrote:

>"Brian A" <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> wrote
>> PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
>> outgoing provider for a given channel.
>>
>> You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
>> 2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.
>>

>What is the diifference between the PAP2 and the SPA1001. I dont really
>need the PSTN on the same line. But would like ot have 2 voip providers on
>the 1 line (ATA)?
>
>Yaz

If you want to terminate both lines on ONE set of handsets then go for
the SPA-1001. The PAP2 has separate, independent, connections for
each line.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Yaz 08-23-2006 09:04 AM

Re: Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

"Brian A" <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> wrote > If you want to terminate
both lines on ONE set of handsets then go for
> the SPA-1001. The PAP2 has separate, independent, connections for
> each line.

What are the best prices for a PAP2 and SPA1001?

Yaz