Velocity Reviews

-   -   VPN connection problems using Wireless-G Router w/ SpeedBooster (WRT54GS) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t36503-vpn-connection-problems-using-wireless-g-router-w-speedbooster-wrt54gs.html)

Michael Z. 12-02-2004 08:36 PM

VPN connection problems using Wireless-G Router w/ SpeedBooster (WRT54GS)

Hi all,

I've recently switched over to a Linksys wireless router (WRT54GS) and I've
also updated the firmware to the latest revision from the Linksys website.
When I try to connect to my company's VPN using the Cisco client, I am
able to successfully get a connection, but then I can't bring up any
network resources. I can't terminal in to a remote machine or run any
applications that use network data. When I connect my cable modem directly
to the internet without the router, the VPN works fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Paul Cocker 12-03-2004 02:45 AM

Re: VPN connection problems using Wireless-G Router w/ SpeedBooster (WRT54GS)

I think you might need something called IPSEC passthru. Are there any
options like that on the router?

news:7448e2fc.0412021236.335ca087@posting.google.c om...