Velocity Reviews

-   -   Workgroup Connection Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t364775-workgroup-connection-problem.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SHVubmljdXR0?= 08-16-2006 10:12 PM

Workgroup Connection Problem

I have read previous posts and tried to apply the solutions to my problem, to
some success. However, I still have a problem. I have a desktop running
Windows XP Media Edition and a laptop running Windows XP Home Edition. I
have set up a home network, which has been working with no problems. I
attempted to set up the workgroup so the laptop could use the printers
attached to the desktop. I have modified the firewalls on each computer to
allow each other as trusted computers. The desktop can see the laptop and
its printers. The laptop only sees itself. When I click on "View Workgroup
Computers", the laptop only shows itself. I am open to all suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 08-17-2006 02:03 AM

Re: Workgroup Connection Problem

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
to be shared.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

=?Utf-8?B?SHVubmljdXR0?= 08-17-2006 12:51 PM

Re: Workgroup Connection Problem

I hate to seem dense, but sometimes there's no way around it. I have read
the suggested material, but find nothing that would account for the client
(laptop) only responding with itself when I click on "View Workgroup
Computers". Any additional suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?= 08-18-2006 02:35 AM

Re: Workgroup Connection Problem

Dude,

Open up Control Panel, System, Computer Name. Click the "Network ID" button
and finish this wizard. Next, make sure your laptop has the same workgroup
name as the other computers in your network and that should fix things after
you reboot.

-A