Velocity Reviews

-   -   MY BOOT CAMP TRAINING EXPERIENCE AT IP-GATES (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t364394-my-boot-camp-training-experience-at-ip-gates.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Y0FST0wgakFORQ==?= 08-15-2006 03:30 PM

MY BOOT CAMP TRAINING EXPERIENCE AT IP-GATES

I just completed my CCNA Boot Camp IP-GATES (GOA) http://www.ipgates.com
and would be happy to share my experience.
I have been to IP-GATES (IT TRAINING) training session in Goa India. The
CCNA teacher at IP-GATES is great. He Thought me much more than I needed to
know.
All concepts were explained with examples of real life situations.
At IP-GATES its not just learning to passing your exam. My instructor
thought me the basic concepts, technologies, theories with some real world
experience.
Talking about subneting , he give this topic a lot of importance, he spoke
about this being the basics !!! this was really helpful to me . even in my
CCNA exam I could complete the subnetting section very easily
He will teach you how to subnet in your head without a calculator, I promise
you !!!
He will tell you the kind of question to expect in the actual exam . Not
exactly the same ones but you will have an idea of the pattern of questions
to expect.
You will receive two Cisco press books before you go to class, the INTRO and
the ICND. MAKE SURE YOU READ BOTH BOOKS.
We were just 2 students in my class. It was a American guy and me. This
small class size gave us a lot of personal attention in class. Each of us
had a PC, a router, and a shared a switch. The classrooms are carpeted,
air-conditioned and executive chairs with individual tables.
They had the 2620 series routers, the 2900 series switches.. and a ISDN
simulator
lunch and dinner which was provided in The cafeteria ,You have a big choice
of food that you can order or you have the choice of going to a restaurant in
the next building.(All of it was provided for by IP-GATES. Basically, you
only had to show up and go to class. Everything else was provided for.

I thought that my week of training was well worth the money and was a great
experience. They treated us very well, everything I needed was there, and I
only needed to focus on my goal, taking home two Cisco Certifications.
GOA is a great location, there are some really beautiful beaches out there
in goa.
We spent just one week end on the beach. Goa is a beautiful holiday
destination.
and its clean and unpolluted
I loved the dinner cruise aboard the NOAH’S ARCH , its was a 2 hours cruise
with entertainment onboard.

If you are planning on attending, I strongly suggest that you have knowledge
of networking concepts. For example, if you don't know what Ethernet, the
OSI Model, TCP/IP, etc. is, don't waste your time.
I can tell you that I chose the boot camp for my certifications because I
felt this was a quicker and more convenient way for me.
Their web site is http://www.ipgates.com

David Price
London (UK)

paulstevens55 06-25-2010 05:53 AM

Ccna And Ccnp Training At Ipgates India

I just came back from GOA, India, from a CCNA and CCNP Cisco boot camp training course with IPGATES Cisco training centre.

The course is taking place in the city of PANJIM, which is the main city of the region of GOA
I am not sure if you have been to India yet, the city of PANJIM is actually right on the coastline, several beaches are easily reachable.

The CCNP course takes place over 23 days (slow track) start at 10:00 am and finish at 17:00 hours, Monday to Friday, Saturday can also be a classroom day for extra studies or for taking exams. The teacher was also available on a Saturday for lessons or Labs.

In the class I was with two other international students, all of us got along well, exchanged ideas and also worked together to achieve course work labs.

In regards to the teacher (CCIE qualified), I thought he was particularly good, not only he know his subject very well, but he was also able to answer all questions and provide all materials for practical labs and sample questions. This allowed me to pass all four CCNP exams and also the CCNA exam.

I cannot deny you that it was not easy to keep up with the course and the exams,
I managed to take an exam every 8 days, therefore I allow myself to take an extra day to be sure to pass them all.
I was told that some people were able to take en exam every seven days, but some of them also failed one exam because it is actually a lot to take in every week.
The teacher was flexible to allow extra time for studies and practice labs in order to archive the qualifications.

Lots' of studies were done at home in the evening with all labs and samples exam questions (about 400 for each exam)

All information about the IPGATES training centre in GOA India and costs of the CCNA and the CCNP Cisco training course can be found on the following web site:

ipgates.com

The price of the course included:
(This is what I got; you can also compare it to what it says on the IPGATES web site)

- CCNP course and course materials (books and notepad to write on)
- CCNP exams included
(Only the 1st attempt for each exam is for free, if you fail, then you have to pay for retaking en exam)

- Accommodation
(I took the budget accommodation, and that was good enough, a nice apartment at about 10 minutes from the training centre, almost by the seaside coast.
Apartment of approx 60m2, with 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen, balconies and bathroom with shower and bath. Air-conditioning, good conditions, There was also a cleaner coming to clean everyday for free.)

- Taxi service in the morning and in the evening, from the apartment to the training centre and back.
- Laptop provided
- Local mobile telephone provided
- Lunch provided by the training centre
- Pick up and drop from/to Goa airport to the apartment.
- One day sightseeing, whereby a driver will take you to all the popular tourist spots for free, or anywhere else you would like to visit.

Finally, The IPGATES team were also a nice group of people, always helpful and polite.
Brian Fernandes, the responsible person for the IPGATES training centre in GOA, was able to accommodates all my needs and capable of coming out and solve any problems at any time, also over the weekend.
I remember the time I phoned him up on a Saturday evening at around 18:00 hours for a problem with the laptop. By 21:00 hours, Brian was already at my apartment and able to solve the problem immediately.
That night he also took me out with some friends of him, therefore he is not just your point of contact, but he can also be a friend. Basically I never felt alone when I was in GOA.

I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about the CCNA and CCNP training course with IPGATES Cisco training centre in GOA, India.
For me, it was the first time in India, and I fully enjoyed the experience.
I spent about five weeks in GOA and I could have stayed even longer.

On the top of that, I managed to pass all exams, something that I could have never believed before going over.

If you are planning your next Cisco training course, please come back to this Post with any questions you might have over the IPGATES Cisco training centre in GOA India. I will be happy to provide extra information.

Cheers,
Dan

paulstevens55 06-25-2010 05:54 AM

paulstevens55 06-25-2010 05:55 AM