Velocity Reviews

-   -   The Send files to another computer icon (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t364124-the-send-files-to-another-computer-icon.html)

Mark Rae 08-14-2006 12:31 PM

The Send files to another computer icon

Hi,

What I'm looking for is exactly the opposite of this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896984

I never use the Send files to another computer functionality, and find the
constant appearance of this icon on the desktop intensely irritating. Is
there anything that can be done to prevent this happening?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

P.S. WinXP Pro + SP2 and all the Microsoft Update patches.

Rizzay 05-16-2010 06:06 AM

Possible fix...

I had this problem too, drove me insane when running a fullscreen app....
I'm not sure if it depends on the device your computer is trying to pair with, but mine was finding another laptop i use as a server via infrared.
So...
Start
Control Panel
Wireless Link
Under 'Infrared', uncheck the top two boxes (display an icon/play sound)
Apply

Fixed! (hopefully:D)