Velocity Reviews

-   -   Extension request (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t363995-extension-request.html)

History Fan 08-13-2006 03:17 PM

Extension request

I'm using the latest version of FF, 1.5.0.6 on a XP SP2 computer, DSL
connection.

Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
'Clean Up' button.

gwtc 08-13-2006 04:28 PM

Re: Extension request

History Fan wrote:
> I'm using the latest version of FF, 1.5.0.6 on a XP SP2 computer, DSL
> connection.
>
> Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
> up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
> 'Clean Up' button.

Tools, Options, Privacy, then the Settings button on the bottom right.
Check Download History. This will clear the downloads when you
close the program.

--
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the
bottom.

Mumia W. 08-13-2006 05:09 PM

Re: Extension request

On 08/13/2006 10:17 AM, History Fan wrote:
> I'm using the latest version of FF, 1.5.0.6 on a XP SP2 computer, DSL
> connection.
>
> Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
> up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
> 'Clean Up' button.

You can set FF to automatically clear the download history:

Tools/Options/Privacy/Remove Files From the Download Manager:
Upon Successful Download.

I probably found this out by clicking on every button and tab
and trying out every feature in FF just to see what it does.

History Fan 08-13-2006 06:14 PM

Re: Extension request

"Mumia W." <mumia.w.18.spam+nospam.usenet@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:P0JDg.8339$0e5.4008@newsread4.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
> On 08/13/2006 10:17 AM, History Fan wrote:
>> I'm using the latest version of FF, 1.5.0.6 on a XP SP2 computer,
>> DSL connection.
>>
>> Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
>> up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
>> 'Clean Up' button.

> You can set FF to automatically clear the download history:
>
> Tools/Options/Privacy/Remove Files From the Download Manager: Upon
> Successful Download.
>
> I probably found this out by clicking on every button and tab and trying
> out every feature in FF just to see what it does.

Thank you both. Glad there was no need for yet another extension.