Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to program with proxy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t363665-how-to-program-with-proxy.html)

moonhk 08-11-2006 08:09 AM

How to program with proxy

Below program worked before. How to program with proxy with input User
name and password ?

import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;

public class eproxy_tofile {
Properties prop = System.getProperties();
prop.put("http.proxyHost","xx.xx.40.20");

prop.put("http.proxyPort","8081");
try {
String Addr = "http://www.new-alliance.com/Naam_NAV.htm";

URL yahoo = new URL(Addr);
System.out.println("Conneting ... " + Addr);

BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader
(yahoo.openStream()));

String inputLine;
while ((inputLine = in.readLine()) !=null)
System.out.println(inputLine);
in.close();
}
catch (Exception exc) {
exc.printStackTrace();

}

}

}

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= 08-12-2006 12:28 AM

Re: How to program with proxy

moonhk wrote:
> Below program worked before. How to program with proxy with input User
> name and password ?

Socks ?

Arne

moonhk 08-12-2006 04:40 PM

Re: How to program with proxy

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> moonhk wrote:
> > Below program worked before. How to program with proxy with input User
> > name and password ?

> Socks ?
>
> Arne

I want daily or weekly download the contents of above site. Our Company
using proxy. So need input proxy user id and password.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= 08-13-2006 02:31 AM

Re: How to program with proxy

moonhk wrote:
> Arne Vajh°j wrote:
>> moonhk wrote:
>>> Below program worked before. How to program with proxy with input User
>>> name and password ?

>> Socks ?

> I want daily or weekly download the contents of above site. Our Company
> using proxy. So need input proxy user id and password.

I ask again: are you using socks ?

Arne

EJP 08-13-2006 05:34 AM

Re: How to program with proxy

moonhk wrote:

> I want daily or weekly download the contents of above site. Our Company
> using proxy. So need input proxy user id and password.

Java.net.Authenticator

moonhk 08-13-2006 01:30 PM

Re: How to program with proxy

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> moonhk wrote:
> > Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> >> Socks ?

> > I want daily or weekly download the contents of above site. Our Company
> > using proxy. So need input proxy user id and password.

> I ask again: are you using socks ?
>
> Arne

Sorry , What is socks ?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= 08-13-2006 07:51 PM

Re: How to program with proxy

moonhk wrote:
> Sorry , What is socks ?

That is a protocol that allows username/password
for a proxy server.

Which I do not think an ordinary HTTP proxy does.

But we can change the question: how do you
configure your browser to go out through that
firewall ? And how does the browser get the
username/password ?

Arne

moonhk 08-14-2006 01:22 AM

Re: How to program with proxy

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> moonhk wrote:
> > Sorry , What is socks ?

> That is a protocol that allows username/password
> for a proxy server.
>
> Which I do not think an ordinary HTTP proxy does.
>
> But we can change the question: how do you
> configure your browser to go out through that
> firewall ? And how does the browser get the
> username/password ?
>
> Arne

Checked with our Administrator, it is proxy server setting. Need to
input username/password in Browser.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= 08-14-2006 01:39 AM

Re: How to program with proxy

moonhk wrote:
> Checked with our Administrator, it is proxy server setting. Need to
> input username/password in Browser.

BASIC authentication ? (popup in browser ?)

Try with:

Authenticator.setDefault(new MyAuthenticator());

where:

class MyAuthenticator extends Authenticator {
protected PasswordAuthentication getPasswordAuthentication() {
return new PasswordAuthentication("xxxx", "xxxx".toCharArray());
}
}

but I think it is a bit unusual to use HTTP BASIC authentication
with a proxy server.

Arne

moonhk 08-14-2006 03:00 AM

Re: How to program with proxy

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> moonhk wrote:
> > Checked with our Administrator, it is proxy server setting. Need to
> > input username/password in Browser.

> BASIC authentication ? (popup in browser ?)
>
> Try with:
>
> Authenticator.setDefault(new MyAuthenticator());
>
> where:
>
> class MyAuthenticator extends Authenticator {
> protected PasswordAuthentication getPasswordAuthentication() {
> return new PasswordAuthentication("xxxx", "xxxx".toCharArray());
> }
> }
>
> but I think it is a bit unusual to use HTTP BASIC authentication
> with a proxy server.
>
> Arne

try. But not work. At home below java coding is worked.

C:\Example\javaux\net>java eproxy_tofile
Conneting ... http://www.new-alliance.com/Naam_NAV.htm
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
http://www.new-alliance.com/Naam_NAV.htm
at
sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...ction.java:800)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:913)
at eproxy_tofile.main(eproxy_tofile.java:53)

C:\Example\javaux\net>

/*

eproxy_tofile.java
2006/08/14 eric.leung

Environment variable set to
* CLASSPATH=c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\lib\classes.zip;c:\exam ple;.
*
*/

import java.util.Properties;
import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.net.Authenticator;

public class eproxy_tofile {
Properties systemSettings = System.getProperties();

class MyAuthenticator extends Authenticator {
protected PasswordAuthentication getPasswordAuthentication() {
return new PasswordAuthentication("xxx", "xxx".toCharArray());
}

}
// String host,port,userid,passwd;

systemSettings.put("proxySet","true");
systemSettings.put("http.proxyHost",host);
systemSettings.put("http.proxyPort",port);

// System.setProperty("https.proxyUserName",userid);
// System.setProperty("https.proxyPassword",passwd);

System.setProperties(systemSettings);