Velocity Reviews

-   -   SDF file parsing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t363494-sdf-file-parsing.html)

helix 08-10-2006 12:43 PM

SDF file parsing

Hello to all,

i am working on a parser for SDF (standard delay format) files to
analyze them.
I'm using the ANTLR parser and since i found no grammar file for SDF on
the Net i started to write my own...
Because i'm really stuck with that now, i want to ask if someone has
experience with that, or already has got a finished grammar :)

regard,
Reinhard

Amal 08-10-2006 07:04 PM

Re: SDF file parsing

SDF is very similar to EDIF. You might find grammars for EDIF and
start there. Personally I tried different grammars for EDIF, Verilog,
and VCD. But they were in GOLD or YACC format.

Here is an EDIF parser in JavaCC format:

http://splish.ee.byu.edu/download/ed..._download.html
http://reliability.ee.byu.edu/edif/

ANTLR seems very promising and I would like to collaborate on building
different grammars for EDA languages and formats in ANTLR.

-- Amal

Colin Paul Gloster 08-14-2006 01:01 PM

Re: SDF file parsing

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Amal wrote:

"[..]

ANTLR seems very promising and I would like to collaborate on building
different grammars for EDA languages and formats in ANTLR."

Which ones would you like to collaborate on?