Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gossiptel gone? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t363276-gossiptel-gone.html)

salinas 08-09-2006 03:16 PM

Gossiptel gone?

My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
Gossiptel?

Mark 08-10-2006 08:52 PM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" <wward@therapina.com> wrote:

>My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
>months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
>www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
>Gossiptel?

Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
current.)

Sean 08-11-2006 11:30 AM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

Mark wrote:
> On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" <wward@therapina.com> wrote:
>
>> My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
>> months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
>> www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
>> Gossiptel?

> Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
> current.)

I think they probably have gone, can't imagine them having to many
customers with their offerings

geoff.tothill@googlemail.com 08-11-2006 08:11 PM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

Sean wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" <wward@therapina.com> wrote:
> >
> >> My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
> >> months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
> >> www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
> >> Gossiptel?

> > Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
> > current.)

> I think they probably have gone, can't imagine them having to many
> customers with their offerings

I've had very few problems with Gossiptel, but I had heard various
rumours that its future was uncertain. Various people who were
connected with it in the past have now gone and I wouldn't be surprised
if they did not return. Unfortunately for me they went down with about
80 of my unspent call credit and six months of call logs that I was
going to on bill to a client. In view of this if I dont get any refund
in the next week I'm going to start action in the small claims court as
Im pretty sure I can identify the remaining owners of the venture and
find somewhere to serve an action. Some might say that this is rather
a waste of time but I just dont think a company should be able to
behave like this. Tonight all efforts to dial out to the PSTN is met
with a recorded message that says that 'You are not authorised to call
out using the PSTN' - any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
provider in the UK?

Regards

Geoff.

m.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 08-11-2006 09:48 PM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, geoff.tothill@googlemail.com wrote:

>any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
>provider in the UK?

voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

David Floyd 08-11-2006 09:52 PM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
>On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, geoff.tothill@googlemail.com wrote:
>

>>any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
>>provider in the UK?

>voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

Also voip.co.uk

m.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 08-11-2006 11:04 PM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:52:19 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
wrote:

>In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
>>On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, geoff.tothill@googlemail.com wrote:
>>

>>>any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
>>>provider in the UK?

>>voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

>Also voip.co.uk

Service reliable administrative side of voip.co uk isn't though .

David Floyd 08-11-2006 11:25 PM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
>On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:52:19 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
>wrote:

>>>voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

>>Also voip.co.uk

>Service reliable administrative side of voip.co uk isn't though .

I have had perfect service from admin.

The village idiot never gets perfect service from anyone!

m.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 08-12-2006 11:50 AM

Re: Gossiptel gone?

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:25:30 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
wrote:

>In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
>>On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:52:19 +0100, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes

>>>Also voip.co.uk

>>Service reliable administrative side of voip.co uk isn't though .

>I have had perfect service from admin.

So you reckon it is perfect service when you take the trouble to ask
them to close your account and three months later the account is still
open .
>The village idiot never gets perfect service from anyone!

Do not lie David I have had NOTHING but perfect service in every way
from Voipfone,Freetalk, Vonage,Sip discount it is only the crap
providers like Sipgate and voip.co.uk that I object to . I am not like
some of you cheapskates who will put up with anything providing it is
free or nearly free .

josh2244 05-31-2007 03:46 AM

Go SIPTel fate was predictable

If you are buying your setup from a softswitch provider, sooner or later, they will price you out and start their own VoIP company.

The next gossiptel is going to be a hard switch. We loved the gossiptel model and can reproduce it. The only change will be the switch. Our OEM switch will be both circuit and packet switched over a west coast USA backbone to PSTN with International gateways wherever we can find people who will install a gateway.

Each shelf will hold ten boards. And each board will have 5000 SIP lines. Instead of buying time from us, our customers will own their own line. SO, when you buy an SIP Switch, it will be registered to your own SIP line. In other words, your SIP line is going to be colocated at our shelf.

The lifecycle of the Class 5 switch is five years, so a few hundred sterling will get a line and over 5 years it is so cheap that you should get two lines.

If you will install a media gateway we can pull to the core of our system, we'll give you the second line free.

So far we are only starting up, have decided to call the deal FOOTPRINT.org and if we can manage to get it going so you do not need an SIP Switch on your end, we'll offer more features to those with their switch on their side of the internet.

Comments welcome.