Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can't communicate with VPN (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t36318-cant-communicate-with-vpn.html)

JMITCH955 11-21-2004 01:55 AM

Can't communicate with VPN

I am an at home medical transcriptionist and i was recently required to get DSL
to access a VPN (i think it is Cisco), I can log on to the network but I can't
communicate with it. I have Covad DSL. I was wondering if anyone knew why i
can't communicate with the VPN and what I can do about it thanks.

PES 11-21-2004 02:26 AM

Re: Can't communicate with VPN

JMITCH955 wrote:
> I am an at home medical transcriptionist and i was recently required to get DSL
> to access a VPN (i think it is Cisco), I can log on to the network but I can't
> communicate with it. I have Covad DSL. I was wondering if anyone knew why i
> can't communicate with the VPN and what I can do about it thanks.

I would work with the network administrator who configured the vpn
concentrator, firewall, or router. He or she should be able to give you
some test procedures to determine if this is a vpn level issue or an
issue with an application. If there is no connectivity, it must be
determined how your vpn is configured. For example is it traditional
esp or is is nat-t? What equipment and firewalls are involved? What
does the arhitecture look like? Does this work for others? Are they
using nat on their network and you're not (or potentially vice-versa)?

--
Paul Stewart