Velocity Reviews

-   -   Giga port on catalyst 2960 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t363106-giga-port-on-catalyst-2960-a.html)

rahan 08-08-2006 07:30 PM

Giga port on catalyst 2960

Hi,

I have a switch Cisco 2960 with 2 ports giga (2T/SFP).

Generally, i use this type of port to connect another switch with STP.

Is-it possible to use this port to connect a server (windows or others)
provided with Giga network card ?

is it normal usage of this port ?

Thanks a lot for help

Best Regards
Rahan

Brian V 08-08-2006 09:20 PM

Re: Giga port on catalyst 2960

"rahan" <rahan@rahan.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a switch Cisco 2960 with 2 ports giga (2T/SFP).
>
> Generally, i use this type of port to connect another switch with STP.
>
> Is-it possible to use this port to connect a server (windows or others)
> provided with Giga network card ?
>
> is it normal usage of this port ?
>

> Thanks a lot for help
>
> Best Regards
> Rahan

Yup, sure is. Can use it for anything.

Rahan 08-09-2006 06:57 AM

"Brian V" <die_spammer@no_spam.com> a écrit dans le message de

> "rahan" <rahan@rahan.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a switch Cisco 2960 with 2 ports giga (2T/SFP).
> >
> > Generally, i use this type of port to connect another switch with STP.
> >
> > Is-it possible to use this port to connect a server (windows or others)
> > provided with Giga network card ?
> >
> > is it normal usage of this port ?
> >

> > Thanks a lot for help
> >
> > Best Regards