Velocity Reviews

-   -   Two ISP topology (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t362546-two-isp-topology.html)

agustincc@gmail.com 08-05-2006 01:29 AM

Two ISP topology

Hi all,

I have a bit of configuration problem with my cisco router.
I think it should be something simple, but I can't seem to find it
anywhere.
This is the scenario:
We have to sites, one in NY and one in Argentina.
We are using a Cisco Pix in NY and a cisco router in the other site.
This two devices are currently connected using a VPN and also each site
accept connection from cisco vpn clients for roaming users.
The thing is that for backup and also to have more bandwith we get a
second link from a different ISP, and what we want to do is having all
the traffic to the open internet going trougth one link and all the VPN
traffic in the other interface.
This will be:
interface FE 0/1.1 >>> VPN traffic
interface FE 0/1.2 >>> internet traffic.
This is done also, my question is regarding the posibility to configure
FE 0/1.2 (open internet traffic) as a backup link for the VPN meaning
that if the link from ISP 1 (the one for VPN traffic) goes down it
should automatically switch the vpn to the other interface.
If someone have done this already it will be a great help if you could
tell me which system have you used or how did you accomplish this.
One thing that I cannot find is, what happend if I applied the same
crypto map to two different interfaces in the cisco router?, Will it
build the tunnel with the pix trought both, ISP 1 and 2?
In case it does, what policy the router will use to send the traffic?
Regards.
And thanks in advance.

www.BradReese.Com 08-05-2006 03:53 AM

Re: Two ISP topology

You may wish to investigate this example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1175863

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
http://www.BradReese.Com
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power...-inventory.htm

Merv 08-05-2006 02:42 PM

Re: Two ISP topology

The feture you may wish to review is known as Reliable Static Routing
Backup

see Cisco doc Reliable Static Routing Backup Using Object Tracking:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801d862d.html

Agustin 08-10-2006 07:51 PM

Re: Two ISP topology

Thanks a lot.