Velocity Reviews

-   -   VPN client unexpectedly disconnects (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t36087-vpn-client-unexpectedly-disconnects.html)

Alexis Crawford 11-03-2004 07:07 PM

VPN client unexpectedly disconnects

Good Day All,

Users are complaining that their Cisco VPN client terminates the
connection unexpectedly. These users tell me that this happens
sporadically. The connection is fine for months and then for no reason
the VPN client disconnects 5 times a day..although their internet
connection is still up.
I have the vpn running on a 2621 XM router and I want to begin to
gather logs or debugs and put them in a text file and send this file
to Cisco TAC. How can I debug these issues and put this into a txt
file? From the CLI I write:
debug cryp isa
debug cryp ips

and then what do i do? How do i get the information from the debug
commands?

Tacobell

Walter Roberson 11-04-2004 11:39 PM

Re: VPN client unexpectedly disconnects

In article <d7dd339a.0411031107.7b54ebcf@posting.google.com >,
Alexis Crawford <crawford_alexis@yahoo.com> wrote:
:Users are complaining that their Cisco VPN client terminates the
:connection unexpectedly. These users tell me that this happens
:sporadically. The connection is fine for months and then for no reason
:the VPN client disconnects 5 times a day..although their internet
:connection is still up.
:I have the vpn running on a 2621 XM router

What IOS revision are you running on the 2621XM ?
Have you taken the MSBlaster mitigation steps? Upgraded to protect
against all the latest security problems?

I'm asking because the symptoms you describe could be caused by
the 2621XM running out of memory due to attacks on the system.
--
Look out, there are llamas!