Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why do u have to return Vonage equipment when canceling? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t360710-why-do-u-have-to-return-vonage-equipment-when-canceling.html)

zcarenow@yahoo.com 07-26-2006 10:52 PM

Why do u have to return Vonage equipment when canceling?

You already paid for the equipment when u signed up right? So why do u
have to return it? It should be yours. Also, did you know that if your
equipment goes back after a year or so, you have to buy a new one on
your own. Since this is the case, then the equipment should be yours.

Ivor Jones 07-27-2006 09:41 AM

Re: Why do u have to return Vonage equipment when canceling?

<zcarenow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1153954370.269304.251460@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com
> You already paid for the equipment when u signed up
> right? So why do u have to return it? It should be yours.
> Also, did you know that if your equipment goes back after
> a year or so, you have to buy a new one on your own.
> Since this is the case, then the equipment should be
> yours.

You don't own it, you only rent it. Another reason to avoid Vonage.

Ivor

Rick Merrill 07-27-2006 12:43 PM

Ivor Jones wrote:

> <zcarenow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1153954370.269304.251460@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com
>
>>You already paid for the equipment when u signed up
>>right? So why do u have to return it? It should be yours.
>>Also, did you know that if your equipment goes back after
>>a year or so, you have to buy a new one on your own.
>>Since this is the case, then the equipment should be
>>yours.

> You don't own it, you only rent it. Another reason to avoid Vonage.
>
> Ivor

Clearly if it is itemized on your bill you are renting it and do not own
it. On the other hand, how can they force you to return it - cancel
your service?

Some systems give you the ATA, and sometimes that is just a limited time
offer.

zcarenow@yahoo.com 07-27-2006 03:24 PM

Re: Why do u have to return Vonage equipment when canceling?

The thing is if i am renting it, why wouldn't they send me another one
if the one i have is not working anymore? They said it is past
warranty, so i'm thinking i actually own the equipment since i did pay
for equipment and setup costs to have the service to begin with.

Rick Merrill 07-27-2006 06:15 PM

zcarenow@yahoo.com wrote:

> The thing is if i am renting it, why wouldn't they send me another one
> if the one i have is not working anymore? They said it is past
> warranty, so i'm thinking i actually own the equipment since i did pay
> for equipment and setup costs to have the service to begin with.

Sounds right - do you have a bill handy and is it itemized?