Velocity Reviews

-   -   Referencing controls within a Formview (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t360643-referencing-controls-within-a-formview.html)

msch-prv@bluewin.ch 07-26-2006 04:51 PM

Referencing controls within a Formview

Sorry to bother. This is somewhat related to a post I made today. But I
am really stuck!

Is it possible to directly reference a control within a form view? For
example, is it possible to assign the text attribute of a control using
a control that is databound to a db? Or, must that be done via a
specific script?

I created an script using a FindControl("lbl1"), Label) to update label
controls after the form is submitted. What I would like to do is use a
similar approach to initialize all unbound labels at binding time by
looking up the values of the bound controls.

This is fairly trivial in VBA (the control source of a textbox can be
easily assigned to another textbox control). Surely there must be some
way of doing this or am I mistaken?

TIA, Mark

msch-prv@bluewin.ch 07-26-2006 05:21 PM

Re: Referencing controls within a Formview

The data can be updated in the formview's DataBound event. But it is a
really code intensive. Isn't there a more elegant approach?