Velocity Reviews

-   Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f6-software.html)
-   -   about spyware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t360619-about-spyware.html)

downtoearth 07-26-2006 03:07 PM

about spyware

I downloaded WinAntiSpyware 2006 and it found something in programfiles/need2find/bar/history (severe>). What it means? What if i delete this folder? Someone help me please. Thank you.

bigal 07-27-2006 10:28 AM

I don't know anything about WinAntiSpyware 2006, but there are bogus programs out there that pretend to be anti-spyware programs that are really spyware themselves. They contain "pre-fabricated spyware files" that they conveniently find during a search, and thus they justify their existance to the new user. I would try downloading Avast! anti-virus (it's free for home use), running that, and see if it finds the same thing. I would also run SpyBot Search & Destroy (also free) to see if it finds the same thing.

Just looking at your warning message above makes me think it is bogus.