Velocity Reviews

-   -   VoIP occupying the soundcard?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t360604-voip-occupying-the-soundcard.html)

blank@foni.net 07-26-2006 02:00 PM

VoIP occupying the soundcard??

Hi,

until recently I have been using only Netmeeting without major problems
but now, after downloading Cubix softphone, it does not work properly
any more: My partner hears me but I cannot hear him. I tried to
uninstall Cubix and see what happens but it did not help, even the
audio-test in NM does not work. The same problem occurs when I want to
record something with XP's inbuilt program. I also tried Skype's echo -
same thing, no sound. My guess is that Cubix occupied the soundcard and
nothing else can use it now, so what can I do about this?

Thanks for any help!

Charlotte

William P.N. Smith 07-27-2006 11:38 AM

Re: VoIP occupying the soundcard??

blank@foni.net wrote:
>but now, after downloading Cubix softphone, it does not work properly

Try using System Restore to back up in time to before you installed
the softphone.

blank@foni.net 07-31-2006 03:50 PM

Re: VoIP occupying the soundcard??

Hi William,

thanks for your suggestion! I tried this but unfortunately it did not
work. I also tried to download (English) Netmeeting but it keeps on
telling me that "this version cannot be installed on this computer" (or
the like). First I thought maybe it is because I have Czech XP Home and
there seems to be no Czech version of NM available but on my other PC
the English NM is working fine together with the German one so probably
it is not a question of language. It's really strange...

Charlotte