Velocity Reviews

-   -   Rom implementation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t360101-rom-implementation.html)

etoktas 07-24-2006 11:32 AM

Rom implementation

I have a 256x8 bit look up table in my vhdl design and I reach this look up table 64 times.

I am using Synplify 8.6.1 for synthesis and tool infers lots of ROMs for this table.As far as I understand this inferred ROMs are made up of logic gates not reserved block RAMs in the technology resources.

I heard that there is an attribute for Xilinx Virtex family named "select_ROM"
in order to use RAM blocks to implement these ROMs without wasting combinatorial blocks .

Is there such an attribute for Actel family?"

I would appreciate your help.