Velocity Reviews

-   -   catalyst port monitor session (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t35871-catalyst-port-monitor-session.html)

Scot 10-19-2004 06:13 PM

catalyst port monitor session

I have a port monitor session setup like so:

monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/1
monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/17

Also:

interface FastEthernet0/1
no ip address
interface FastEthernet0/17
no ip address

I have not enabled any 802.1q encapsulation, but for some reason, every
packet is encapsulated in it. It looks like it is not supposed to be on by
default, but somehow all the packets received at Fa0/17 are. Can anyone
tell me how to just get the native packets and not have 802.1q?

Thanks,

Scot

Scot 10-19-2004 07:27 PM

Re: catalyst port monitor session

Never mind. The version of the IOS that was being used encapsulates all
monitored traffic unless mirrored from the switch cpu.

Thanks anyway.

Scot