Velocity Reviews

-   -   Opensource vs Microsoft, Wat do you think about opensource? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t357831-opensource-vs-microsoft-wat-do-you-think-about-opensource.html)

cracker 05-18-2006 11:59 PM

Opensource vs Microsoft, Wat do you think about opensource?

Microsoft has dominated the world of computing for many years, with its
heavily guarded 'code' being beyond reach to many in the developing
nations. In some of the poorest countries the cost of upgrading an
operating system to keep up with the rest of the world amounts to a
year's wages, and there are few legitimate options. In Thailand for
example, 95 percent of software on computers is pirated. The poorest
countries are now beginning to use free or open source software (FOSS),
a software that parallels many of Microsoft's programmes but with the
major difference being that they are distributed free of charge and can
be altered by computer programmers who are allowed unfettered access to
the 'source code'.
These days lots of discussion going on about Open source software and
Paid software like (Microsofts)
So wat do u think about opensource software? and what is your view
about Microsoft share your views with us!
and let us know what do you think about opensource software.

http://www.desi-tek.com/forum/index....wtopic=394&st=

Ben Finney 05-19-2006 01:30 AM

Re: Opensource vs Microsoft, Wat do you think about opensource?

"cracker" <thakur.dheeraj@gmail.com> writes:

> So wat do u think about opensource software? and what is your view
> about Microsoft share your views with us!
> and let us know what do you think about opensource software.
>
> http://www.desi-tek.com/forum/index....wtopic=394&st=

Please don't spam here to ask for discussion on another forum, on a
tangentially related topic.

--
\ "I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not |
`\ our children's children, because I don't think children should |

Sybren Stuvel 05-19-2006 08:33 AM

Re: Opensource vs Microsoft, Wat do you think about opensource?

Ben Finney enlightened us with:
> Please don't spam here to ask for discussion on another forum, on a
> tangentially related topic.

Hey, it's at least better than asking for a discussion on a
tangentially related topic _here_ ;-)

Sybren
Frank Zappa