Velocity Reviews

-   -   Configuring multipoint frame relay with one address? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t35486-configuring-multipoint-frame-relay-with-one-address.html)

none 09-22-2004 03:06 AM

Configuring multipoint frame relay with one address?

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a simulator with a frame relay connection
and am having some difficulties getting it to work.

Here's what the map sort of looks like:

O RouterA w/S0 = 10.10.10.3

RouterB ^^^ RouterC
w/S0 = O-----<FR >-----O w/S0 =C
10.10.10.1 vvv 10.10.10.2

My DLCI table looks like:

F A B C
R A 301 302
O B 103 102
M C 203 201

I started with three 2610 routers loaded with no configuration
(only the defaults). I'd like RouterB and RouterC to both be
able to get to RouterA with address 10.10.10.3 (with no extra
routes other than the connected route).

I've been reading that this should be possible using multipoint
interfaces on RouterA but I'm not sure what the proper commands
are for RouterA and what the commands should be for RouterB & C.

I've tried a few different variations of the below commands but
the biggest problem I've been facing is in the end, sometimes
I'll have the protocol down on one end, sometimes on the other,
and sometimes on both but I can't seem to get both protocols up
at the same time and pingable in both directions.

Here's what I've tried on RouterA:

interface serial 0
encapapsulate frame-relay
ip address 10.10.10.3 255.255.255.0
no shutdown
no frame-relay inverse
interface serial 0.1 multipoint
frame-relay map ip 10.10.10.1 301 broadcast
interface serial 0.2 multipoint
frame-relay map ip 10.10.10.2 302 broadcast
exit

And on RouterB (same for C, just different address/DLCI):

Try 1:
interface serial 0
encapsulation frame-relay
ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
no shutdown
frame-relay map ip 10.10.10.3 103 broadcast
exit

Try 2:
interface serial 0
encapsulation frame-relay
no shut
interface serial 0.1 point-to-point
ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
frame-relay map ip 10.10.10.3 103 broadcast
exit

I'm pretty new at this (currently working on CCNP BSCI material)
so please try not to make too much fun of me. :-)

Thanks muchly!

-Jeff