Velocity Reviews

-   -   RE: Win32_Process.Create -- not starting process (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t354498-re-win32_process-create-not-starting-process.html)

Tim Golden 02-16-2006 03:42 PM

RE: Win32_Process.Create -- not starting process

[abcd]

| Tim,
| I am skipping using the batch file and only executing the python
| script directly...and so far it works fine.
|
| So now I have:
| pid, retVal =
| wmi.WMI("1.2.3.4").new("Win32_Process").Create(Com mandLine="c:
| \python\python.exe
| c:\some_script.py")
|
| Thanks again...not sure why when using the batch file to start it
| wouldnt always work, but as long is it works now!

Thanks for letting me know. Hope it continues to work
for you.

BTW, I would recommend you either to use a raw string
for that command line (r"c:\python\python.exe c:\xx.py") or
to double up your slashes ("c:\\python\\python.exe c:\\xx.py")..
As it happens \p has no special meaning that I'm
aware of, but better safe than sorry...

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk

abcd 02-16-2006 05:53 PM

Tim Golden wrote:
> BTW, I would recommend you either to use a raw string
> for that command line (r"c:\python\python.exe c:\xx.py") or
> to double up your slashes ("c:\\python\\python.exe c:\\xx.py").
> As it happens \p has no special meaning that I'm
> aware of, but better safe than sorry...

.....i used double slashes, i guess i didn't type it correctly here.
Thanks for the reminder though.