Velocity Reviews

-   -   python success story (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t353901-python-success-story.html)

Max M. Stalnaker 01-30-2006 02:39 AM

python success story

I urged a friend from Boeing to use python on a personal project. He liked it
and repeatedly urged a Boeing developer to use it. Python is on the list of
approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
lines of code in another language.

Alex Martelli 01-30-2006 05:07 AM

Re: python success story

Max M. Stalnaker <astar@spamcop.net> wrote:

> I urged a friend from Boeing to use python on a personal project. He liked it
> and repeatedly urged a Boeing developer to use it. Python is on the list of
> approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
> level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
> lines of code in another language.

Great! Now if this could be contributed as an article for
pythonology.org, it would be preserved for posterity...!-)

Alex

Tim Parkin 01-30-2006 08:58 AM

Re: python success story

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Max M. Stalnaker <astar@spamcop.net> wrote:
>

>>I urged a friend from Boeing to use python on a personal project. He liked it
>>and repeatedly urged a Boeing developer to use it. Python is on the list of
>>approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
>>level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
>>lines of code in another language.

> Great! Now if this could be contributed as an article for
> pythonology.org, it would be preserved for posterity...!-)

I don't mind writing it up and formattng it, if we can get in touch with
the person at boeing.

Tim

Steve Holden 01-30-2006 02:36 PM

Re: python success story

Tim Parkin wrote:
> Alex Martelli wrote:
>
>>Max M. Stalnaker <astar@spamcop.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I urged a friend from Boeing to use python on a personal project. He liked it
>>>and repeatedly urged a Boeing developer to use it. Python is on the list of
>>>approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
>>>level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
>>>lines of code in another language.

>>Great! Now if this could be contributed as an article for
>>pythonology.org, it would be preserved for posterity...!-)
>>

> I don't mind writing it up and formattng it, if we can get in touch with
> the person at boeing.

I have a contact at Boeing who acts as the Python "product manager" -
once we can identify the user he might also be able to help.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC www.holdenweb.com