Velocity Reviews

-   -   full screen gui (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t353402-full-screen-gui.html)

linuxnooby@yahoo.com.au 01-14-2006 01:26 AM

full screen gui

Hi

I am trying to write a python script to run on windows xp that will
have a full screen gui.

The script has a function that creates a full screen (hides task bar)
top level window using tkinter.

If I close the window and call the function a 2nd time the resulting
window is full screen, but does not hide the task bar this time.

I have included code below. Any suggestions as to how i can fix this? I
am open to suggestions about other python gui

cheers David

from Tkinter import *
import time

#create invisible root window
root = Tk()
root.withdraw()

def closewindow():

top.destroy()
time.sleep(4)
create()

def create():
global top
top = Toplevel(root)

top.overrideredirect(1) #hides max min buttons
w, h = root.winfo_screenwidth(), root.winfo_screenheight()
top.geometry("%dx%d+0+0" % (w, h))

app = Frame(top)
app.grid()

bttnhide = Button(app, text ="destroy window and create a new window
in 4 seconds", command=closewindow)
bttnhide.grid()

bttnclose = Button(app, text ="exit application",
command=root.destroy)
bttnclose.grid()

create()

root.mainloop()

Yarvin 01-14-2006 09:00 AM

Re: full screen gui

Hey

umm.... the program seems to work fine for me. I'm running Linux
though... might be different on windows....

Alvin