Velocity Reviews

-   -   Online Ruby (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t352521-online-ruby.html)

bearophileHUGS@lycos.com 12-14-2005 09:20 PM

Online Ruby

Maybe a page like this for Python exists already, or it can be useful
to create it:

http://tryruby.hobix.com/

Bye,
bearophile

Mike Meyer 12-15-2005 02:59 AM

Re: Online Ruby

bearophileHUGS@lycos.com writes:

> Maybe a page like this for Python exists already, or it can be useful
> to create it:
> http://tryruby.hobix.com/

Working on it, in my spare time (~1hr/day). You can poke at it at
http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/try_python/, but it's *very* much not
ready for release.

<mike

--
Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org> http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/

Paddy 12-15-2005 06:47 AM

Re: Online Ruby

That reminds me of TclTutor:
http://www.msen.com/~clif/TclTutorTour.html

TclTutor is a great Tk application that teaches Tcl/Tk by having all
the lessons and examples set up waiting in the app. The examples can be
edited/fixed and re-executed.

I still bring up TclTutor when I delve into Tcl programming (after
several years), it is invaluable.

I guess a Python equivalent would be Idle, pre-packaged with lessons
and examples from the Python tutorial available from the Idle menus.

- Pad.