Velocity Reviews

-   -   PIX logging without timestamp (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t35242-pix-logging-without-timestamp.html)

Ste 09-03-2004 10:27 PM

PIX logging without timestamp

I have issued logging timestamp on PIX, but never seen date/time associated
with log messages. I am checking the logs from telnet session only. No
syslog to other machine is configured.

Anyone has idea?

Thanks a lot,

Ste

PES 09-03-2004 11:20 PM

Re: PIX logging without timestamp

"Ste" <schen88@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have issued logging timestamp on PIX, but never seen date/time associated
> with log messages. I am checking the logs from telnet session only. No
> syslog to other machine is configured.
>
> Anyone has idea?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Ste

I think the timestamp will only appear in a syslog log, not the buffer. :(

none 09-04-2004 01:08 AM

"PES" <NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE*THIS@adelphia.netSPAM*SUCK S> wrote in message
> I think the timestamp will only appear in a syslog log, not the buffer. :(

none replies ...

If I do "show pdm log" I get timestamps on my PIX...

3|Sep 03 2004 21:00:42|313001: Denied ICMP type=8, code=0 from
xxx.xxx.xxx.166 on interface 0

Here are my logging related commands ...

logging on
logging timestamp
logging trap debugging
logging host inside myloghost