Velocity Reviews

-   -   iron python exe problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t352244-iron-python-exe-problem.html)

ajikoe@gmail.com 12-06-2005 01:00 PM

iron python exe problem

Hello,

I have test.py:
print 'hello'

I compile using iron python the result is test.exe

I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
test.exe is not a valid win32 application.

How can I solve this problem?

Sincerely Yours,
Pujo

Nick Ballard 12-06-2005 01:15 PM

Re: iron python exe problem

ajikoe@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have test.py:
> print 'hello'
>
> I compile using iron python the result is test.exe
>
> I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
> test.exe is not a valid win32 application.
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Sincerely Yours,
> Pujo

Which version are you using?

http://www.usenet.com

Fredrik Lundh 12-06-2005 01:18 PM

Re: iron python exe problem

ajikoe@gmail.com wrote:

> I have test.py:
> print 'hello'
>
> I compile using iron python the result is test.exe
>
> I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
> test.exe is not a valid win32 application.
>
> How can I solve this problem?

since ironpython is still under heavy development, you'll probably reach more iron-
python users and developers by posting to the ironpython mailing list:

btw, a quick search of the mailing list archives brought up this post:

http://lists.ironpython.com/htdig.cg...ne/000749.html

which may or may not be relevant, depending on what version you're using.

</F>

ajikoe@gmail.com 12-06-2005 01:22 PM

Re: iron python exe problem

I use version 0.9.5
Windows xp with .net framework 2.0, visual studio Express

pujo

D H 12-06-2005 02:18 PM

Re: iron python exe problem

ajikoe@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have test.py:
> print 'hello'
>
> I compile using iron python the result is test.exe
>
> I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
> test.exe is not a valid win32 application.
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Sincerely Yours,
> Pujo

drag all the ironpython dlls into the same folder as your generated exe
and try again. That error could also be a result of running a .net 2
app in .net 1.1 or something similar.

ajikoe@gmail.com 12-06-2005 04:25 PM

Re: iron python exe problem

Hello,

I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0

pujo

Dennis Lee Bieber 12-06-2005 05:21 PM

Re: iron python exe problem

On 6 Dec 2005 08:25:43 -0800, "ajikoe@gmail.com" <ajikoe@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
> I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0

REINSTALL 1.1... Even M$ states that the two releases are supposed
to co-exist...

D H 12-06-2005 05:26 PM

Re: iron python exe problem

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On 6 Dec 2005 08:25:43 -0800, "ajikoe@gmail.com" <ajikoe@gmail.com>
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
>>I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0
>>

> REINSTALL 1.1... Even M$ states that the two releases are supposed
> to co-exist...

IronPython is .net 2 only, I believe, so .NET 1.1 should be unnecessary.

Dennis Lee Bieber 12-07-2005 07:22 AM

Re: iron python exe problem

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:26:17 -0600, D H <x@y.z> declaimed the following
in comp.lang.python:

> IronPython is .net 2 only, I believe, so .NET 1.1 should be unnecessary.

I was speaking in general terms... M$ seems to expect that both will
be available which implies that 2 is not an upward expansion from 1.1