Velocity Reviews

-   -   GBIC DOWN (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t35169-gbic-down.html)

Nadir Sahnoun 08-30-2004 03:17 PM

GBIC DOWN

Hi all,

I have some catalyst 2950 connected to catalyst 4006 via gbic interfaces.

Some gbics interfaces on the 4006 seem not work. I can't see "red line" on
the gbic interface !
I can connect the 2950 catalyst on some gbic interface but not in other gbic
!

i do :
- no shut of gbic interfaces
- inverse fibre

The gbic interface is always down (GigabitEthernet4/4 is up, line protocol
is down).

I experimented the same problem the last month on one gbic interface of the
4006 used for 2950. It was be resolved the last friday juste by restarting
(reboot/reload) the 4006 !!! So, i think that by reloading the 4006, the
gbic interfaces ares activated with special command !!??

To day, i have 6 new gbic interfaces on the 4006 and 6 new switches 2950 and
only 3 gbic on the 4006 work fine. When i connect all the 2950 on the gbic
which work (one by one), all 2950 are detected and all work fine but any
work on the 3 other gbic interface, so it's not a probleme on the 2950. The
problem is located on the 4006.

And as i sayed, i can't see "RED Line" of fibre on the gbic of 4006 and this
mean for me that IP DATA are not transmited to GBIC !!!

Do you have some idea ?

Sorry for my bad english !
Thank You very much

Best Regards
NS

Blaz Zupan 08-30-2004 03:53 PM

Re: GBIC DOWN

On 2004-08-30, Nadir Sahnoun <bademail@bademail.org> wrote:
> I experimented the same problem the last month on one gbic interface of the
> 4006 used for 2950. It was be resolved the last friday juste by restarting
> (reboot/reload) the 4006 !!! So, i think that by reloading the 4006, the
> gbic interfaces ares activated with special command !!??

Are your GBIC-es original Cisco GBIC-es? On some platforms Cisco has coded the
GIBC-es so that only original Cisco GBIC-es work. If you don't use original
Cisco GBIC, then try to configure "no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid" on
the relevant port.

noway 08-30-2004 07:34 PM

Re: GBIC DOWN

Hi all,

Thank You very much Blaz for your response !!!

Yes, i use Cisco GBIC Interface.

I will try "no errdisable detect ... command". Thanks a lot !!!

Best Regards
NS

cgviia026dt@enews1.newsguy.com...

Nadir Sahnoun 08-31-2004 04:51 PM

Re: GBIC DOWN

Hi all,

It's work now !!! i juste need to replug the GBIC interfaces !!!

Thanks a lot for your help

Best Regards
@NS