Velocity Reviews

-   -   Software Synoptics LattisRing 2715b Remote Software. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t35131-software-synoptics-lattisring-2715b-remote-software.html)

Howard Huntley 08-27-2004 12:48 AM

Software Synoptics LattisRing 2715b Remote Software.

I am looking for the software to talk to SynOptics LattisRing 2715b
over the network??

Walter Roberson 08-27-2004 01:34 AM

Re: Software Synoptics LattisRing 2715b Remote Software.

In article <r21ti01l9cuev4f12c1v6kru7ub5qblemt@4ax.com>,
Howard Huntley <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote:
:I am looking for the software to talk to SynOptics LattisRing 2715b
:over the network??

SynOptics was bought out by BayNetworks, which was in turn bought
out by Nortel. Nortel has, despite hard times, not been bought out
by Cisco.

The most directly appropriate newsgroup for your question would
be comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks but the equivilent nortel newsgroup
might be helpful too.

It appears from my research that the device speaks RMON and
SNMP. That makes it a 'managed' device in the industry lingo.
There isn't necessarily any special software (I can't tell whether
the device has any configuration parameters at all -- though it
must at least have an IP address.)

Start, then, by using an SNMP browser and see what you can find.
Of course you'll need a token-ring network to do the experimentation
over...
--
Take care in opening this message: My grasp on reality may have shaken
loose during transmission!