Velocity Reviews

-   -   [Subprocess/Windows] subprocess module under Windows 98 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t350956-subprocess-windows-subprocess-module-under-windows-98-a.html)

Andreas Jung 11-02-2005 04:32 PM

[Subprocess/Windows] subprocess module under Windows 98

Hi,

I am using subprocess.Popen() to start Java processes (converters) from
within Zope under Windows 98 (sorry, we have to support the platform). The
call looks like this:

P = Popen('java.exe arguments...', stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE,
stdin=open('nul:')).

stdin=open('nul:') is required to make Popen() actually running under
Windows 98 (stdin=None works fine on XP).

However for every Popen() call Windows 98 opens an empty DOS box that
disappear after completion of the converter process. The Popen() has some
'startupinfo' and 'creationflags' attributes but I could not find any
documentation. Is there a way to suppress the DOS boxes somehow using these
attributes or is there another way to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Ernesto 11-02-2005 04:48 PM

Re: subprocess module under Windows 98

This worked for me on XP... not sure for 98...

Andreas Jung 11-02-2005 05:41 PM

--On 2. November 2005 08:48:24 -0800 Ernesto <erniedude@gmail.com> wrote:

> This worked for me on XP... not sure for 98...
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/409002

Thanks, this works!

Andreas