Velocity Reviews

-   -   HRSP Odd Errors. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t34742-hrsp-odd-errors.html)

Gary 07-31-2004 04:10 AM

HRSP Odd Errors.

Had BGP up for some time between ourselves and a neighbor working fine
sending one default route (STUB).

Decided to HSRP our BGP speaking router and all went fine. Show standby
showed all OK, BUT....

The BGP peer would not come up with the original primary ip address of the
interface which used to work fine and now we have again to use the 'real' IP
address of the interface rather than the virtual live IP.

Odd thing is that of 200 neighbors this is the only problem and the only
difference I can see is the egbp hop count is 3 rather than the default ?

Any insight appreciated.

Gary