Velocity Reviews

-   -   urllib2.urlopen hangs, urllib.urlopen works? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t346953-urllib2-urlopen-hangs-urllib-urlopen-works.html)

Chris 07-10-2005 06:40 PM

urllib2.urlopen hangs, urllib.urlopen works?

hello,
I have an odd behaviour. I try to download some files connected to a
specific webpage (e.g. all stylesheets) with
urllib2.urlopen(x)
This seems to hang on the 2nd file or so.

Doing the exact same thing via
urllib.urlopen(x)
does work without a hitch...

I don't really to use urllib instead of urllib2 but am wondering where
the problem is and if there is a workaround (or just my own stupidity)?
Also with urllib I cannot send my own user-agent header as i wanted to do...

thanks for any hint!

chris