Velocity Reviews

-   -   Computer Cluster Python Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t345739-computer-cluster-python-software.html)

uli 06-06-2005 02:22 PM

Computer Cluster Python Software

Is there any open source Python software (preferably biopython) written
which runs on a cluster. Alternatively are there interfaces written in
Python to existing cluster software.

Mandus 06-06-2005 02:55 PM

Re: Computer Cluster Python Software

6 Jun 2005 07:22:54 -0700 skrev uli:
> Is there any open source Python software (preferably biopython) written
> which runs on a cluster. Alternatively are there interfaces written in
> Python to existing cluster software.

Can you be more specific? There are for example several MPI interfaces
(pyMPI, pypar, ScientificPython.MPI). With pyMPI, you can run python
interactively on a cluster if you want.

But you are probably looking for something else?

btw, soon there will be PyFDM (pyfdm.sf.net) which will make it possible
to do FDM on a cluster (or any parallel computer) with little effort.

mvh,
--
Mandus - the only mandus around.

uli 06-06-2005 03:21 PM

Re: Computer Cluster Python Software

Hi Mandus

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for an application written in
python (preferably a bioinformatics application) which will be able to
take advantage of parallel processing on a cluster. I guess what I am
asking for is applications which have been written using pyMPI or other
python MPI modules.

Regards
Uli