Velocity Reviews

-   -   Killing threads during development. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t345719-killing-threads-during-development.html)

Don Garrett 06-05-2005 08:41 PM

Killing threads during development.

I've been developing with external multi-threaded libraries recently.
I find it difficult to use the Python prompt to experiment with these
libraries because there isn't any way to just shutdown all threads and
try things again.

If I try to exit the prompt with background threads running, then
Python hangs and I have to kill the process to exit. Ctrl C won't do
it.

Is there some way to brutally kill all background threads? Just for
development purposes?

Note:
This isn't an insurmountable problem. If I write test scripts and run
them from the command line I can still kill them easily. I just find it
frustrating not be to able to explore interactively while working with
a new library.