Velocity Reviews

-   -   web based file manager in python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t344215-web-based-file-manager-in-python.html)

Ksenia Marasanova 04-25-2005 05:04 PM

web based file manager in python

Hi,

I didn't suceed in finding any kind of standard web based file
manager, written in Python. There are quite a lot for PHP (the nicest
I found is phpXplorer: http://www.phpxplorer.org) , but I'd rather use
Python. I don't mind installing one of the millions webframeworks for
this (well, except for Zope) :)
I know, it's not hard to write your own... I am just trying not
re-inventing the wheel this time :)
Any hints?

Thanks!
--
Ksenia

Kartic 04-25-2005 11:00 PM

Re: web based file manager in python

"The Great 'Ksenia Marasanova' uttered these words" on 4/25/2005 1:04 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't suceed in finding any kind of standard web based file
> manager, written in Python. There are quite a lot for PHP (the nicest

> Any hints?
>
> Thanks!

Ksenia - I recently came across this python web-based FM:

http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/filemgr/index.html

It is by Irmen De Jong, the author of Snakelets.

Thanks,
-Kartic

Ksenia Marasanova 04-26-2005 06:21 AM

Re: web based file manager in python

> Ksenia - I recently came across this python web-based FM:
>
> http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/filemgr/index.html
>
> It is by Irmen De Jong, the author of Snakelets.

Looks good! Thank you very much :)

--
Ksenia