Velocity Reviews

-   -   cisco 2600 image needed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t34396-cisco-2600-image-needed.html)

RO|_F 07-08-2004 10:15 PM

cisco 2600 image needed

Hello,

I screwed up the ios image on my cisco 2600 router.
Does anyone has an image and want to e-mail it to me? That would help me a
lot (I hope)
Now I keep stuck in rommon.
My e-mail (remove the xxx-es): xxxral_wil@hotmail.comxxx

Thanks in advance,

Rolf
Utrecht, Netherlands

Walter Roberson 07-09-2004 02:30 AM

Re: cisco 2600 image needed

In article <40edc76f$0$155$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl> ,
RO|_F <10apr.3.rolf30@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
:I screwed up the ios image on my cisco 2600 router.
:Does anyone has an image and want to e-mail it to me? That would help me a
:lot (I hope)

I could probably dig up an IOS 10.1 image if I went through some
really old tapes. But considering the time it would take me to find
the right tape and get the old old tape drive working, buying a new
copy of the image would be a lot less trouble.

Your posting comes off a bit suspicious to the regulars here. You
fail to specify exactly what version you were running, and exactly
which feature set. We've seen this kind of posting go by many times
before: you have to pardon our suspicions that you never had a valid
licensed IOS copy, that you probably got the 2600 cheap and used,
that it might not have had IOS on it when you bought it, that you
don't know much at all about Cisco but found a bargin device you
thought you'd play with, and that you are fishing around hoping someone
will send you the software you need.\

If I am misaken in my suspicions and you have proof of purchase of
a recent IOS version then people are more likely to be willing to help
you find a replacement copy.
-- Rich Kulawiec

RO|_F 07-09-2004 10:39 PM

Re: cisco 2600 image needed

Hi,

I can imagine the suspicions, but actual situation is that I need to replace
a cisco 2500 (with IOS 11 ) . The 2600 (well it is actually a 2610) I have
unused after replacing this one by a 1700 series.
In a way the IOS got corrupted. I do see the image in flash, but cannot boot
it. That's why I asked for an image.
I have to say that I maybe didn't spend enough time in diving into the cisco
material and then to mention the feature set etc.
Maybe it's because it has been a year ago I succeeded for Cisco course and
didn't spend much time 'playing' with routers after that, since most time
was spent on migrating to JD edwards and Windows 2000 AD in the company I
work for.

Regards,

Rolf

Walter Roberson 07-10-2004 04:53 AM

Re: cisco 2600 image needed

In article <40ef1e8b$0$763$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl >,
RO|_F <10apr.3.rolf30@spamgourmet.com> wrote:
:In a way the IOS got corrupted. I do see the image in flash, but cannot boot
:it. That's why I asked for an image.

If you can see the image in flash, you should be able to see the
image name. If you post the image name, we might be able to assist
you in getting a new image from Cisco (it depends a lot on exactly
what you already have.)
--
This is not the same .sig the second time you read it.