Velocity Reviews

-   -   modes for AES encryption? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t343010-modes-for-aes-encryption.html)

Chris Curvey 03-24-2005 06:43 PM

modes for AES encryption?

I'm trying to use the AES module in the Python Cryptography Toolkit. I
need to set the mode to "ECB/NoPadding", and there's a reference to a
"Mode" parameter in the new() function, but no examples for AES. Who
can point me in the right direction?

Chris Curvey 03-29-2005 06:40 PM

Re: modes for AES encryption?

Chris Curvey wrote:
> I'm trying to use the AES module in the Python Cryptography Toolkit. I
> need to set the mode to "ECB/NoPadding", and there's a reference to a
> "Mode" parameter in the new() function, but no examples for AES. Who
> can point me in the right direction?

Answering my own question for posterity...ECB is your *only* option for
AES, and you have to do your own padding (pad with "\0" to emulate
NoPadding).