Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco 53xx & Dial on deman (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t34234-cisco-53xx-and-dial-on-deman.html)

andre 06-28-2004 05:09 PM

Cisco 53xx & Dial on deman

Hi Cisco gurus!

I use a Cisco 5300 (and a 5350) to establish up to 120 dial-out
connections
with custom satellites that understand ppp. These satellites
authenticates the Cisco.

The mean I use to do this is DDR (dial on demand routing) : when I
need to connect to one of them I configure on the fly a new dialer
(with the correct username and password), then I ping through the
terminal. The Cisco then dials and establishes the connection.
But I have some problems doing this :
- 120 lines => 120 different dialers, I would simplify it using 1
dialer;
- the delay that DDR takes to pull up an async after the ping is
not omogeneus and sometimes also doesn't work, so I have to repeat the
ping up to 3 times to have the line pulled up.

Here is the sample of an async and the corresponding dialer :

interface Dialer10
description NOTIFIER_DC_DIALER
ip address 10.133.0.253 255.255.255.0
encapsulation ppp
dialer in-band
dialer redial interval 25 attempts 4 re-enable 5
dialer map ip 10.133.0.81 name 0 broadcast 26
dialer-group 1
autodetect encapsulation ppp
no peer default ip address
no cdp enable
ppp chap hostname xxxxxxx
ppp chap password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ppp pap sent-username xxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
end
!
interface Async21
description NOTIFIER_DC_ASYNC
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
dialer in-band
dialer rotary-group 10
autodetect encapsulation ppp
async mode interactive
no cdp enable
ppp chap hostname xxxxxxx
ppp chap password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ppp pap sent-username xxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
end

Please help me to solve those problems.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea