Velocity Reviews

-   -   Where can I find sample "beginner" programs to study? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t340894-where-can-i-find-sample-beginner-programs-to-study.html)

Todd_Calhoun 01-28-2005 08:20 PM

Where can I find sample "beginner" programs to study?

I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.

Thanks.

wes weston 01-28-2005 08:35 PM

Re: Where can I find sample "beginner" programs to study?

Todd_Calhoun wrote:
> I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
> any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.
>
> Thanks.

Todd,
Have you been here:

http://www.python.org/doc/

and tried the tutorial or beginners guide?
The tutorial has all the pieces you use most
often.

wes

moma 01-28-2005 08:41 PM

Todd_Calhoun wrote:
> I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
> any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.
>
> Thanks.

Hello,

http://www.python.org (docs -> tutorial)
http://www.python.org/doc/ !

http://www.diveintopython.org
http://www.byteofpython.info

Eggs are here. Bring some bacon.
http://www.python-eggs.org/links.html
--------

Cross platform GUI-programs:
http://www.wxPython.org
Widgets documentation: http://www.wxPython.org
--------

IDEs (programmers Python editors, if you want one):

Eric
http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

Dr.Python
http://drpython.sourceforge.net/

?

// moma
http://www.futuredesktop.org/OpenOffice.html
http://www.futuredesktop.org/hpc_linux.html

JanC 01-28-2005 09:19 PM

Todd_Calhoun schreef:

> I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if
> there are any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.

Try:
<http://www.uselesspython.com/>
<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/>

--
JanC

Todd_Calhoun 01-28-2005 11:21 PM

Re: Where can I find sample "beginner" programs to study?

Thanks for the great links. The cookbook page has some smaller stuff that
looks great.

Marc Poulin 01-29-2005 12:04 AM

Todd_Calhoun wrote:

> I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there
> are any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.
>
> Thanks.

Look at
http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/

Good projects and tutorials for beginners.

Franz Steinhaeusler 01-31-2005 01:11 PM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:41:05 +0100, moma <moma@example.net> wrote:

>Eggs are here. Bring some bacon.
>http://www.python-eggs.org/links.html

Hi,

interesting site, but who is maintaining this
page. I'd like to add some new links.
--
Franz Steinhaeusler