Velocity Reviews

-   -   python module in webmin (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t340818-python-module-in-webmin.html)

sam 01-27-2005 06:08 AM

python module in webmin

Hi,

Had anyone written any python module for webmin?
Since webmin is written in perl, but I want to write a python
app/module used by webmin. If you know the detail of writing a python
module for use in perl webmin, please drop me some guideline.

Perhaps It is better off to find/write a python version of webmin first.

Thanks
Sam.

moma 01-27-2005 11:43 AM

Re: python module in webmin

sam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Had anyone written any python module for webmin?
> Since webmin is written in perl, but I want to write a python
> app/module used by webmin. If you know the detail of writing a python
> module for use in perl webmin, please drop me some guideline.
>
> Perhaps It is better off to find/write a python version of webmin first.
>
> Thanks
> Sam.

Some tips.

0)
Webmin API-spesification (search for "Python" word)
http://www.webmin.com/modules.html

1)
Read:
http://www.cendio.se/~peter/python-webmin/

Read README and Webmin.py.
It says that 25% of API is converted to Python.
It's normal CGI scripting and HTML. So you can easily
write a real Webmin-module in Python.

Maybe you can help to make Webmin.py more complete :)?

2)
Search for "Python" here
http://webmin.thirdpartymodules.com/?page=Search

Find any modules written in Python?