Velocity Reviews

-   -   Most popular Radius servers in the IT market (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t33825-most-popular-radius-servers-in-the-it-market.html)

Yossi Mor 06-02-2004 03:39 PM

Most popular Radius servers in the IT market

Hello Forum,

I am seeking for information on most popular Radius server used in the
market with regards to ease of use functionality etc.

Can you address me to such survey.

Thanks

Yossi Mor

Aladdin Knowldege Systems.

T. Sean Weintz 06-02-2004 09:21 PM

Re: Most popular Radius servers in the IT market

Yossi Mor wrote:

> Hello Forum,
>
> I am seeking for information on most popular Radius server used in the
> market with regards to ease of use functionality etc.
>
> Can you address me to such survey.
>
> Thanks
>
> Yossi Mor
>
> Aladdin Knowldege Systems.

Most popular as far as numbers deployed would have to be Internet
Authentication Server, the radius server that comes bundled free with
windoze server 2000.

--
Copyright 2004 T. Sean Weintz
This post may be copied freely without

ALSO - FWIW, The following WHOIS Record is years out of date:
Weintz, Sean (SW2893) tweintz@MAIL.IDT.NET
Sean Weintz
462 Sixth Street , #A
Brooklyn, NY 11215

Yossi Mor 06-06-2004 07:17 AM

Re: Most popular Radius servers in the IT market

Thanks for the info Sean,

Have you any idea where i can find a survey on commercial radius serves?

All the best.

Yossi

T. Sean Weintz 06-14-2004 07:30 PM

Yossi Mor wrote:

> Thanks for the info Sean,
>
> Have you any idea where i can find a survey on commercial radius serves?
>
> All the best.
>
> Yossi

No. I am aware of no such surveys existing. Common sense tho. Just by
the number of windows 2000 server boxes deployed versus all other OS's.
Micorosft IAS HAS to be the most popular.

Probably the second most popular is Funk's "Steel Belted Radius"

--
T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T.
Sean Weintz
This post may be copied freely without the express permission of T. Sean
Weintz.
T. Sean Weintz could care less. T. Sean Weintz does however reserve all
rights.

Kurt Jaeger 06-14-2004 07:53 PM

Radiator (was: Most popular Radius servers in the IT market)

Hi!

>> Have you any idea where i can find a survey on commercial radius serves?

>No. I am aware of no such surveys existing. Common sense tho. Just by
>the number of windows 2000 server boxes deployed versus all other OS's.
>Micorosft IAS HAS to be the most popular.

It might be used by many people, but it surely is not *popular* 8-)

Every net.god who does radius services believes in "Radiator".

That's a commercial radius server coded in perl, available from

http://www.open.com.au/radiator/

Very fast, very, very flexible, source code is included, does
everything (databases, frontend, backends, you name it), super-clean
design.

If you need a feature, ask on the support mailing list and you normally
get it within a few days.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23 pi@LF.net

Suresh_Homepage 06-16-2004 03:23 AM

Re: Most popular Radius servers in the IT market

They are (in the order of their popularity)
Cisco ACS
RSA ACE Server from http://www.rsasecurity.com
Steel belted Radius(SBR) Server from http://www.Funk.com and

Windows 2000 is a free add-on but we do not deploy them in large scale
environments like the Govt. and banking sectors. One of my banking
client a with a over 100,000 netbanking users we got them Cisco ACS on
Windows with ACE servers on Solaris.

ACE server predominantly provide the token authentications aka One
time password (OTP) auth. The ACE server does also provide RADIUS part
as well but the best design would be to run them in 2 separate boxes.

The SBR servers are not the best option when it comes to provideng
just the radius part. Do not go for it. I hate its miniaturised
management console. Its more preferable deploying them in a WLAN
environment where it forms a properitery TTLS tunnel between the
roaming 802.1x client and the Access point (AP).

All these products run on Solaris/HP-Unix and on Windows platform as
well.

thanks
suresh CNE,MCSE+I,CLS,SCSA,CCNA,CCNP,MCNS,CCIE
http://www.sureshhomepage.com

neba 10-31-2008 12:53 PM

There is list on wikipedia under List_of_RADIUS_Servers with some specs, servers go from free like Radiator or FreeRADIUS, to affordable commercial like BlissRADIUS that are below 100$ to those that cost 3000$ +

sdunn96 10-31-2008 02:25 PM

For my office we are using Windows 2000 Server and IAS.