Velocity Reviews

-   -   Minor nit in Py24 installer: Deselecting register extensionsde-registers existing associations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t335424-minor-nit-in-py24-installer-deselecting-register-extensionsde-registers-existing-associations.html)

Mike C. Fletcher 09-05-2004 03:08 AM

Minor nit in Py24 installer: Deselecting register extensionsde-registers existing associations

Yes, yes, I know I should just wait for SourceForge to come up so I can
file a bug report, but that's going to be hours, and I'll be knee-deep
in Gentoo by then.

Just did an all-users install of Python 2.4a3 on Win2ksp4 where Python
2.3.4 and Python 2.2 are installed. Overwrote already-installed Python
2.4a1. Switched "register extensions" to the "X Not available", as I
wanted to keep Python 2.3.4 as the default association for .py files.

After installation, there are *no* associations with Python files, that
is "assoc .py" on the command line shows that there's no "Python" file
type remaining.

Have fun,
Mike

Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
http://www.vrplumber.com
http://blog.vrplumber.com

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?= 09-05-2004 09:24 AM

Re: Minor nit in Py24 installer: Deselecting register extensionsde-registers existing associations

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> After installation, there are *no* associations with Python files, that
> is "assoc .py" on the command line shows that there's no "Python" file
> type remaining.

I'll see what I can do about this. This extension-registration turns out
to be really tricky, as MSI does not support conditional installation
of extensions out of the box.

Regards,
Martin