Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Multiple RSPAN Destination Port for 2970 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t33465-re-multiple-rspan-destination-port-for-2970-a.html)

#_# 05-11-2004 03:34 PM

Re: Multiple RSPAN Destination Port for 2970

Hi All,

I have a question concerning the RSPAN. Actually, I would like to se
up a 3-switch RSPAN configuration, but I'm not quite sure if this i
feasible.

Originally I have 2 6509 inter-connected. Two VLANs are RSPAN to on
destination port in one of the switch. The output port then connects t
a broadcast hub, and several sniffers retrieve the data. We have jus
bought a new 2970, and I would like to know if i can have the the 650
switches RSPAN to the new 2970 switch, with multiple destination ports
so that I can by-pass that hub.

I could not find the appropriate command, and the new switch has no
arrived yet, so I cannot do testing. But I would really like to pla
ahead.

Thank you very much

-
#_