Velocity Reviews

-   -   documentation bug: s|t (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t333770-documentation-bug-s-t.html)

Alan G Isaac 07-30-2004 08:43 PM

documentation bug: s|t

The HTML version of the set union documentation
seems fine
http://python.active-venture.com/lib/set-objects.html

But the PDF version appears to have an mdash instead
of a vertical bar.

I deduce that this is a LaTeX translation that ignore's
Knuth's claim that we should not typeset | outside of
math mode (or even want to!), so I'm guessing
the same problem occurs elsewhere in the documentation.
The translation needs to be $|$ instead of just |.

How to report?

Thanks,
Alan Isaac

Brian van den Broek 07-30-2004 09:08 PM

Re: documentation bug: s|t

Alan G Isaac said unto the world upon 30/07/2004 16:43:
> The HTML version of the set union documentation
> seems fine
> http://python.active-venture.com/lib/set-objects.html
>
> But the PDF version appears to have an mdash instead
> of a vertical bar.
>
> I deduce that this is a LaTeX translation that ignore's
> Knuth's claim that we should not typeset | outside of
> math mode (or even want to!), so I'm guessing
> the same problem occurs elsewhere in the documentation.
> The translation needs to be $|$ instead of just |.
>
> How to report?
>
> Thanks,
> Alan Isaac

Hi Alan,

I've successfully reported (and had fixed :-) a documentation bug by
following the link from the "About the Python Documentation" section of
the docs to the sourceforge bugtracker at
<http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470>.

Best,

Brian vdB