Velocity Reviews

-   -   Curses module on windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t332137-curses-module-on-windows.html)

Abhijit Soman 06-15-2004 11:08 AM

Curses module on windows

Where can i find curses module for windows? I have pdcurses library on
windows. But python binary doesnot include curses module.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Michele Simionato 06-15-2004 03:43 PM

Re: Curses module on windows

Abhijit Soman <ab_som@vsnl.net> wrote in message news:<2j82q8FujmukU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Where can i find curses module for windows? I have pdcurses library on
> windows. But python binary doesnot include curses module.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijit

I guess you need something like CygWin to get curses running on Windows
(not sure, please correct me if I am wrong).

Michele Simionato

Abhijit Soman 06-15-2004 04:35 PM

Re: Curses module on windows

I found a port of curses module for windows at flangy.com/dev/python/curses/

regards,
Abhijit

--
Man Invented Alcohol,
God Invented Grass.

Nick Jacobson 06-15-2004 07:14 PM

Re: Curses module on windows

Abhijit Soman <ab_som@vsnl.net> wrote in message news:<2j82q8FujmukU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Where can i find curses module for windows? I have pdcurses library on
> windows. But python binary doesnot include curses module.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijit

No-one has ported the curses module to windows yet, according to Alex
Martelli (ref. Python In a Nutshell, p. 208). The msvcrt, WConio, and
Console modules substitute some of its functionality. HTH,

--Nick