Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: Python in a Nutshell (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t331525-ot-python-in-a-nutshell.html)

kbass 05-30-2004 08:49 PM

OT: Python in a Nutshell

Does anyone have an idea when the next release of the book, ' Python in a
Nutshell' will come out? I am looking for reference material that covers
Python 2.3 other than the online documentation. I also notice that Amazon
and other book outlets have cut the price on this book so I am hoping that
this is an indication that another book is coming out soon. Your thoughts.
Thanks!

kbass

Tony C 05-31-2004 07:12 AM

Re: OT: Python in a Nutshell

"kbass" <kbass@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:<XNruc.1996$gO4.546@fe1.columbus.rr.com>...
> Does anyone have an idea when the next release of the book, ' Python in a
> Nutshell' will come out? I am looking for reference material that covers
> Python 2.3 other than the online documentation. I also notice that Amazon
> and other book outlets have cut the price on this book so I am hoping that
> this is an indication that another book is coming out soon. Your thoughts.
> Thanks!
>
> kbass

Python in a Nutshell DOES cover Python 2.3(but not exclusively), and
often contrasts the differences between 2.2, and 2.3.
(Take a look at the upper right corner of the book)

Learning Python Second Edition (also from Oreilly) also covers Python
2.3, and was just released in 2004

Tony C 05-31-2004 07:31 AM

Re: OT: Python in a Nutshell