Velocity Reviews

-   -   I'm looking for a good overview of Tk concepts. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t330035-im-looking-for-a-good-overview-of-tk-concepts.html)

Noah from IT Goes Click 04-20-2004 06:03 AM

I'm looking for a good overview of Tk concepts.

I'm comming from the background of being primarily a data processing
programmer (Python) and I'd like to do some GUI stuff for a comercial
project but I have quite a bit of time, nothing too complex but it has
to work on Windows98+ OSX and Solaris so I was thinking Tkinter. I was
wondering if there were some sites with a good overview of the whole
Python +Tk shpeal, I've got some code examples and "Programming Python
2nd Edition" but that's more of a learn by example, rather than an
overview of concepts. Anyone have a good recommendation?

Stephen Ferg 04-21-2004 03:42 PM

Re: I'm looking for a good overview of Tk concepts.

Look at:
http://www.ferg.org/thinking_in_tkinter/index.html

It may be useful, and it has links to other places that may be useful.