Velocity Reviews

-   -   pythonservice -register (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t329134-pythonservice-register.html)

Olaf Meding 03-03-2004 03:33 PM

pythonservice -register

What is the pythonservice.exe for? What does pythonservice.exe really
do?

I installed and am using ActivePython (on Windows XP).

Working on writing a Windows service in Python. The "Python
Programming on Win32" book says I should first register the
pythonserive. This does not seem to work (see error below). However,
the books SmallestService seems to run anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Olaf

*** Here is the error: ***
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32>pythonservice /register
Registering the Python Service Manager...
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

Larry Bates 03-03-2004 08:50 PM

Re: pythonservice -register

On my machine (Windows XP Pro also ActivePython 2.2)
I get the following:

Registering the Python Service Manager ...

After that everything works as documented.

-Larry

news:9e5ea2c4.0403030733.1cb50edc@posting.google.c om...