Velocity Reviews

-   -   time.sleep() (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t329082-time-sleep.html)

Bart Nessux 03-02-2004 06:05 PM

time.sleep()

Does standard C have anything like Python's time.sleep() function?

Thomas Heller 03-02-2004 06:13 PM

Re: time.sleep()

Bart Nessux <bart_nessux@hotmail.com> writes:

> Does standard C have anything like Python's time.sleep() function?

I don't think so. IIRC, on windows the win32 api Sleep() is used, on
linux probably select(). Read the source to find out.

Thomas

Bob Ippolito 03-02-2004 07:11 PM

Re: time.sleep()

On 2004-03-02 13:05:01 -0500, Bart Nessux <bart_nessux@hotmail.com> said:

> Does standard C have anything like Python's time.sleep() function?

It's not really "standard" but you can usually get away with nanosleep
or select.

-bob